Stress is one topic that is mostly talked about but always misunderstood. It is the root cause of several illnesses and this affects people of all class all over the world. Having some ideas of ways to overcome stress can help us live a more happy life. We can overcome stress by changing our thoughts pattern.
Stress is defined as the imbalance between the demands of the environment and the personal requirements, capabilities, resources of the individual.
Let us have some insights on stress from some prominent quotes by great leaders.
Some Popular Quotes On Stress
“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.”
“In a storm of struggles, I have tried to control the elements, clasp the fist tight so as to protect self and happiness. But stress can be an addiction, and worry can be our lunge for control, and we forget the answer to this moment is always yes because of Christ.”
“The truth is that there is no actual stress or anxiety in the world; it’s your thoughts that create these false beliefs. You can’t package stress, touch it, or see it. There are only people engaged in stressful thinking.”
“Getting stress out of your life takes more than prayer alone. You must take action to make changes and stop doing whatever is causing the stress. You can learn to calm down in the way you handle things.”
“A lot of times, people have something that they’re afraid of. They’ve got a client that’s mad at them. They’ve got a project that’s due. And they let that stress hang over their head. I don’t let that happen.”
“To be a champion, you have to learn to handle stress and pressure. But if you’ve prepared mentally and physically, you don’t have to worry.”
“Stress is the reason for crime and all other kinds of frustration. To relieve it will eliminate everything else”.
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
“Its not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it.”
“If you ask what is the single most important key to longevity, I would have to say it is avoiding worry, stress and tension. And if you didn’t ask me, I’d still have to say it.”
How To Eliminate Stress Permanently
Causes Of Stress
- Finance – Lack of enough money to take care of lifestyle and desires.
- Relationships – We have issues with our relationship that results in stress.
- Children – They are not behaving the way we want them to act.
- Business and Career – We want to achieve certain goals in our business and career.
- Health – Illness and disease is a source of stress to our lives.
- External Pressures and our desires. Several events in life like Covid-19, our high desires are also a source of stress.
- Value the Growth not necessarily the Goal. As we journey in life towards our goal, we stress ourselves by focusing and thinking only about our final goal thereby not enjoying the journey towards our goal. Celebrate the small achievements you make as you work towards your goal. Whether we win or not, Value the better person you become from the experience you have gained.
- Befriend life and things beyond our control – We try all the time to control our universe and control things that happen to us. We want to control our environment rather than befriending our environment. Trying to take control of the outcome, events and results of our actions in life give rise to a lot of pressure and stress on us.
- Live in Gratitude. This will help us appreciate what we have and praise God for it instead of stressing on the goals we have not achieved.
- Live Real not Artificial Life. When we focus on living a real life, it eliminates a lot of stress. Some of us live other people’s life, some live on expectations instead of what is real. Focus on your current privileges and you will have less stress.
Having a simple and positive outlook about life and living our lives believing that God is in control of the universe and enjoying our victories along the journey as we pursue our goals eliminates the stress of life. We can control actions but mostly outcomes are beyond our control. When we succeed, celebrate but if we do not succeed, it is good for us to value the growth we have achieved and move on positively.
Please remain safe and help someone around you overcome the challenges of Covid-19.
Kindly leave your comment and contribution below and please share the article with your contacts, it might help someone at this trying time.
Cheers and bye for now.