There are few things in life that are invaluable. Things that makes life worth living. Great relationship is one important aspect of our lives that has huge influence on how we journey through life. Good relationship is like sugar in our tea. It makes life to taste sweeter. I want to bring to us some few ideas on how to keep your relationship interesting. The global lockdown has exposed a lot of great and not so good things with our relationship. There have been reports of stronger family bonding and also, there have been increasing stories of battering and abuse. Please despite the side your relationship belongs to right now; good or bad, just remember how it (your relationship) all began or started.
Quotes on Relationship
“Intense love does not measure, it just gives”.
“How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
“If civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships – the ability of all peoples, of all kinds, to live together, in the same world at peace”.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better.”
“How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being”.
“We can improve our relationships with others by leaps and bounds if we become encouragers instead of critics.”
“In a relationship each person should support the other; they should lift each other up.”
“God is more interested in your future and your relationships than you are.”
“The relationship between husband and wife should be one of closest friends.”
B. R. Ambedkar
“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.”
William Arthur Ward
“People change and forget to tell each other.”
“We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.”
“If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.”
“He who lives in our mind is near though he may actually be far away; but he who is not in our heart is far though he may really be nearby”.
“Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.”
“When a woman is talking to you, listen to what she says with her eyes.”
“I want to be very close to someone I respect and admire and have somebody who feels the same way about me.”
“Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom.”
“Treasure your relationships, not your possessions.”
Anthony J. D’Angelo
Ways to bring Spark back into Your Relationship
- Remind yourself of the thing that made you to fall in love with your partner. As humans, things are bound to change with time and it is possible to allow the burning spark in our relationship to die down. When the oil in your lamp is low, refill the spark with great memories of the sweet moments when you started. Remind yourself how you felt when it all began.
- Communicate more and express your love daily. Communication is very important in relationship. Express your love daily and compliment your partner with words and deeds. This should be a routine.
- Be active and physical together. The lockdown has created opportunity for partners and families to have enough time to engage in sports, exercise, games, etc together. Have fun, take a walk together and enjoy physical contact of each other. This helps in bringing back mutual interest in the relationship.
- Go for a Date night and remember the good time shared together in the past. Remember your victories and failures together. And have mutual plans and goals together for the future.
- Be Grateful and appreciative for who your partner is. He or she is human and not an angel. So do not expect your partner to be a perfect person. Listen to your partner to understand his or her point before trying to make your partner understand yours. Do not compare your partner to another person. Every individual is unique.
- Relationship is give and take. Always think win-win and focus on what will bring mutual peace and happiness to the home and less of who is right. Remember that you should always give what you cherish in a relationship. Make emotional deposits and you will have something in the account to draw from when you need it.
I hope that with these few ideas above, it will help us bring back the spark in our relationships. The knowledge of the fact that we have a great relationship out there is an energizer that motivates us to move on with confidence in this period of uncertainty. It gives us strong hope when we remember that there is a loved one out there praying for us and thinking about our progress and well-being. So please despite the ups and downs in life, strive to be the best partner you can be. Get professional help if needed and remember to help someone by your side in this uncertain period.
Kindly like, comment and share the post with someone out there you love, it might be of help.
Remain Safe and bye,